[Dixielandjazz] Pregnant pause

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Dec 2 17:28:51 PST 2003

After "4' 33"" there was a new term in the art/music world: Performance
Art. This can cover a whole lot of nonsense (and some valid projects.)

I have been to BurningMan many times and have seen the blending of art,
music and performance on all sorts of levels and qualities with some
amazing results. I have even helped form an almost OKOM band that has
played there for many years. We often get comments from the "young and
hip" crowd like: "Did you write that song?"

Dave Richoux