[Dixielandjazz] Johnny Windhurst

Harry Epp heppkat at juno.com
Mon Dec 1 22:50:19 PST 2003

Hi All:
Johnny Windhurst joined my band  "The Muskat Ramblers" in the late 50's
After Dick Baars left to join Ray Baduc and Nappy LaMarr.
Eddie Hubble, who was with me suggested I send for Johnny to come to
Columbus Ohio to join the band.
When he showed up for rehearsal and I showed him the trumpet book. He
said "I don't read music"  This floored me!
However he knew most of the tunes and he went through the music making
his own notations
He did a great job. We had Lizzie Miles singing with us for a while.

Respectfully
Harry Epp
Muskat Ramblers
Ft Lauderdale FL