[Dixielandjazz] St Phillip St Breakdown

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 29 10:39:08 PDT 2003

Guy,

Can't recall if I have heard this version but Brian Carrick did a recording
of it for the Jazz Crusade label which should be readily available here via
the Ken Colyer Trust or listmate, Jerry Brown. Brian, by the way, plays a
clarinet given to him by George Lewis (and probably still held together by
the elastic bands supplied by yours truly !!)

Details below.

~=~
 John,
        Suffolk, England.
                    ?
___o00o__(°¿°)__o00o___
   You Play It - I'll Mix It

Jazz Crusade JCCD-3012: Brian Carrick's Heritage Jazz Quartet
Personnel:  Brian Carrick [cl], Mac Mac Donald [bn], Ken Matthews [sbs],
Malc Murphy [dm].
Songs:  In the Sweet Bye & Bye, Bucket's Got A Hole in It, An Evening
Prayer, New Orleans Hula, God Will Take Care of You, St. Phillip Street
Breakdown, Nearer My God to Thee, Don't Go Way Nobody, My God Loves Me,
High Society, Faraway Blues, Listen to the Mocking Bird, Dardanella,
Burgundy Street Blues, Slow Drag's Boogie