[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 8, Issue 41

Don Kirkman donkirk at covad.net
Wed Aug 27 17:26:05 PDT 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:39:44 EDT, DWSI at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 8/27/2003 2:25:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com writes:

>> Message: 17

>> ICAgLS0tLS0tLU9yaWdpbmFsIE1lc3NhZ2UtLS0tLS0tDQogICAmZ3Q7IEZyb206IERvbiBNb3Bz
>> aWNrICZsdDttb3BoYW5kbEBsYW5kaW5nLmNvbSZndDsNCiAgICZndDsgU3ViamVjdDogW0RpeGll
>> bGFuZGphenpdIFJlOiBKaW0gQ3VsbHVtIGluZm8NCiAgICZndDsgU2VudDogQXVnIDI3IDIwMDMg

>Sorry to send gobble, but this is what some of my email in the list looks
>like. Am I doing anything wrong or is it somebody else doing it wrong?

Dan

Someone is sending you an attachment that is encoded in the base64
format, one of the less-used varieties of encoding for attachments.

Nothing in the information you posted tells *me* what it's about, what
kind of attachment it is, or anything else.

If you recognize who it came from I suggest you ask them what it is and,
if possible, to send it in some other format.

If you don't recognize the source it's possible it's a worm or virus, so
be very cautious with it.

Others here know much more about this stuff than I do, but I don't see
any responses from them yet.  I just thought I'd let you know your
message isn't being ignored.
--
Don
donkirk at covad.net