[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Monte Tabbert -- Queen City Jazz Band

sotelo sotelotabbert at cinci.rr.com
Thu Aug 21 01:07:27 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: sotelo
To: jnt at nosmoth.fsnet.co.uk ; dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 11:53 PM
Subject: Monte Tabbert -- Queen City Jazz Band

Dear Norrie and Don,

I just happened to see your emails of Nov. 2002 inquiring about the Queen City Jazz Band.  I am one of four daughters of Monte Tabbert who was the trombonist as well as vocalist for The Queen City Jazz Band.  My youngest sister directed me towards this e-mail.  I still reside in the Queen City, Cincinnati, Ohio.  As Mr. Ingle reported there was another band by this name whom I have heard on the radio from Canada.
My question to you, Norrie, is how can I be of assistance?  Is there a particular recording that you are trying to obtain, or is there something of particular interest in which I may serve you? I'm curious as to what sparked your interest.

My dad, unfortunately, was killed in a car accident at the young age of 32, when I was just 8 years old.  My other sisters were 12, 11 and 1.  However, as young as I was I still hold dear and carry with me the love of jazz.  It was what our  lullabies were made of.

Mr Ingle, I hope that you and my father were able to play together and that you have a fond memory of my dad.  He was a big man (6'5" tall) with a really big laugh, a big heart, and a huge love of music, as well as many of the other arts.

I close in saying that I am touched to hear anyone inquire about this band and its members.  Many of them are jammin' in a different realm now.

I would enjoy hearing from either of you and will do whatever I can in helping you obtain the information sought after.

With warm regards,

Robin (Tabbert) Sotelo