[Dixielandjazz] "San Jacinto Stomp"

=?Windows-1252?Q?Ingemar_W=E5german?= gotariver at goteborg.utfors.se
Mon Aug 18 23:52:02 PDT 2003

I need help!

In 1944 George Lewis recorded "San Jacinto Stomp" (three times!) In =
January 1946 it was recorded by Bunk under the title "I Can=B4t Escape =
>From You". Kid Sheik and George called it "You Can=B4t Escape From Me" =
when they recorded it in 1961.

There was a tune called "I Can=B4t Escape From You" in the thirties, =
sung by Bing Crosby, composed by Richard a Whiting, but it is not the =
same tune. Can anybody tell who composed the Bunk-Lewis-Sheik tune? Was =
"San Jacinto Stomp" the original title? Was it recorded before 1944?

Thanks!
Ingemar Wagerman
Prastgardsangen 17
412 71  GOTHENBURG