[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 8, Issue 22

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 20:54:41 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/11/03 3:59:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Like Joshua Redman (modern sax player &working jazz musician) said, "It was
> not a complete history of jazz, but it opened a doorway to many who knew
> nothing about jazz. Whether or not they choose to proceed, learn more about
> jazz etc., is up to them."
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone
>
> Many of them would choose to learn more about Jazz, unless of course they
found their way to this list, then they would turn to Smooth Jazz for sure.  Or
worse return to fife and drum.   They could not hang with such mal contents for
very long.  And I always thought the Rock and Roll Generation was the Angry
Ones.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins