[Dixielandjazz] Orange County Classic

Robert Peek bob at peek.org
Mon Aug 11 14:08:05 PDT 2003

We attended the opening (Thursday night) and Friday and Saturday performances.
The hotel was excellent, very efficient and personable personnel.
The food was a little pricey but the servings were large.
Biggest complaint: Hard to find a trash can --- they were wrapped in white table cloths and did not resemble a trash container.
Several members of various bands stated their intention to run for Governor of California. Lots of good jokes regarding this situation.
The band lineup was great. We have our own personal favorites.
Even with years of practice we were not able to catch all the bands we wanted to but were very happy with those we did listen to.
Thanks to Connie, Larry and John.
We look forward to next year.
I had the privilege of meeting Dan Augistine (a DJML'er) and meeting Rae Ann Berry  (several times during the  festival) but  did not meet any other members.
Wore my button the whole time.

Bob
Outgoing messages protected by
Norton Anti Virus 2003