[Dixielandjazz] Kinda somewhat related to OKOM museum in Seattle

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Aug 9 18:54:43 PDT 2003

Hi all,

If you find yourself in Seattle with nothing to do you might try a look
at the new Experience Music Project museum near the Seattle Space
Needle. I just went through it yesterday and found it quite
interesting. There is a lot of information on the history of Rock as it
developed  from R&B, Blues and Jazz with interactive displays, films,
audio clips, instruments and other artifacts. There is also a very
extensive display on the guitar and bass guitar in the entire 20th
century with much emphasis on jazz performances.

The major focus of the museum is more on what happens AFTER rock & roll
develops - but that is OK by me, personally (being the Boomer that I am
;-)

To top it all off, the building itself is some incredible architecture
by Frank O. Gehry - the same person that did the museum in Bilbao,
Spain among other things.

Anyway,

Dave Richoux

more info at http://www.emplive.com