[Dixielandjazz] Louis Prima - New Orleans Jazz Man

Steven Holzer slholzer at iquest.net
Sat Aug 9 11:23:29 PDT 2003

This brings to mind the story, from Max Kaminsky's book I think, about
how Pee Wee suggested to Bobby Hackett that he come to New York and try
to get the gig at the club that the Prima band was due to close. Bobby
came, spent an evening listening to the Prima band's particularly
spirited (one might even say, raucous) brand of jazz, and went home the
same night. His New York debut would have to wait for another day.

Steve Holzer