[Dixielandjazz] Prima; redux; etc.

TBW504 at aol.com TBW504 at aol.com
Fri Aug 8 10:59:53 PDT 2003

Louis Prima was born Dec 7, 1911. There's an excellent paperback published
2002 by University of Illinois Press, written by Garry Boulard, called simply,
"Louis Prima". Recommended.
Thanks for the "redux" information. Fascinating. I should have explained that
I was consulting British dictionaries. I used to have a test for dictionaries
by seeing if they included "inappetant". Surprising how many fail, including
(last time I checked) the mighty Oxford. What's it mean? Listen to "Meely"
Barnes  with Doc Paulin's NOLA Band on  Icon-13 and you will discover that
"Inappetant Love" sounds a lot like "Careless Love!
Brian Wood