[Dixielandjazz] Re: New Dixieland Fan in Toronto

Bryan Livett livett at rogers.com
Thu Aug 7 11:13:35 PDT 2003

"It is sad that all these fine bands are competing with each other for
fans."

Actually Ron, these bands have four very different styles which appeal to
different prople and they each do very well crowdwise on Saturday afternoons
in Toronto, it's a big city with lots of music lovers of all stripes;  each
locale is packed with lovers of their particular brand of OKOM.  A few
people "go the rounds", choosing one or another of the venues for variety,
but the "faithful" turn up every Saturday to listen and/or dance to "their"
band and meet the other fans who are there every week.

Cheers

Bryan