[Dixielandjazz] New MIDI

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Tue Aug 5 14:20:16 PDT 2003

Burt Wilson said (of Robin Frost) :

"I know Robin and I think you might be surprised that he plays fine cornet,
 too. He is truly a genius. Lives near Santa Barbara, CA and writes church
 music in addition to his other wide-ranging interests. Nice job you did of
 his piece."

I have met Robin a few times and have heard him play both piano and cornet,
sight reading on both instruments - I can think of no worthier candidate for
the genius tag. Before the days of email, when he lived in Ojai CA (maybe he
still does?), we used to correspond by letter quite frequently but we
gradually lost touch.

Nobody else that I have heard of is composing such wonderful, topnotch hot
piano music nowadays, Robin Frost has been blessed with the same gift as
George Gershwin.

John Farrell