[Dixielandjazz] R.I.P. ZULU

res6nvix at verizon.net res6nvix at verizon.net
Mon Aug 4 23:32:35 PDT 2003

On 7/9/03 Ralph"Zulu"Ball died of complications stemming from a long battle with hypertension and diabetes. He was a bassman known for his black tuba which was first seen when he subbed for the Firehouse Five at the Harrah's Reno antique auto tour in the mid fifties ('56 or '57). He always said he wanted a happy celebration when he died, a New Orleans style send off. I am looking for any of his old friends or kindred spirits to help me make this happen. The event will most likely happen somewhere in southern california in the not too distant future. As his oldest son, I will be glad to recieve any and all input at res6nvix at verizon.net or (661)729-6814.