[Dixielandjazz] This is a public service announcement.

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Mon Aug 4 11:51:08 PDT 2003

Re: [Dixielandjazz] This is a public service announcement.Charlie, Don't leave the list.  I happen to be a musician first.  A musician who can perform Proud Mary, In the Mood, Ipanema, Have You Met Miss Jones, Lush Life and Crazy.   I also know  how to play abot 500 trad standards ranging from early Bix and Ory to Pete Daley and Wild Bill.
I never thought I'd get flamed by sharing what I thougt to be a very funny and relevant post that would be of geat interest to anyone interested in perspectives from musicians.

I realize that this is not as profound as the true meaning of jazz, the effectiveness of a Bach C3 mouthpiece or a way to prevent tuba buzz or what OKOM means to me.

If it is the purpose to limit discussions for the sole purpose of serious discussions of traditional jazz to the exclusion of all humor or relevant discussion of the relationship of trad jazz to other forms of music, I can find friendlier lists to join.

Keep in mind my original post was non-judgemental and I never stated my postion either endorsing or rejecting the content of the post.  I simply posted an note I got from an excellent jazz pianist and invited your comments.  I guess I got them.

Dick Broadie