[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 8, Issue 5

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 10:43:20 PDT 2003

Tom:

A bit harsh perhaps, but your thoughtful commentary also has the sting of
reality. I'm saddened to hear the naive complaint, "why don't people want to hear
my kind of music more?" but I can understand the feeling of being left behind
as popular music constantly changes (note I did not use the word "evolves" to
imply a logic to it all). If anything, I think the stage is set for some one
or group to come up with a new serving up of the great elements. It won't be
called Dixie, country, folk Mexican, or Reggae, but we will recognize the body
under the disguise.

Hope all your gigs are fun,

Dan (piano fingers) Spink