[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in Chicago?

Snogpitch snogpitch at prodigy.net
Sat Aug 2 10:20:54 PDT 2003

I was watching this thread as well and was waiting for an interesting
response of where Tito finally did go for OKOM while in Chicago.  Must have
missed that one.

This coming week I am going to Chicago for business, and I will probably
have Wednesday and Thursday evenings free, and looking for something to do.

Other than the ones Jim posted below, is that it?  I noticed Andy's website
hasn't been updated in months.  (At least it makes me feel better when I let
my local club's website untouched for a couple months!)

TIA for any assistance.

-----

FW: [Dixielandjazz] OKOM in Chicago?
James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Sun May 11 14:37:05 PDT 2003

Tito, I didn't answer your question as we have so many local Chicago
guys on DJML now.  However, either I'm not getting all the posts or no
one has made an attempt at helping you.

I posted a similar request before a two nite stay in Chicago.

We went to Andy's Jazz Club.
http://www.andysjazzclub.citysearch.com/
There is an entrance fee of $5, even if you're dining, but that's not
bad.

We went, instead to the Underground Wonder Bar:
http://undergroundwonderbar.com/
which had a really fantastic blues band, with a real bad mouthed lady
leading the band on piano:  Lonie Walker - pianist, singer/songwriter,
arranger and bandleader.

Jim

--
David Witmer