[Dixielandjazz] Studs Terkel and Barrett Deems

Ivor Jones banjones at oninet.pt
Wed Apr 30 10:47:52 PDT 2003

Hi Jim,

I have all of the Jazz Book Club Books from Number 1 (1956)to Number 45
(1963) except Numbers 9,  41 and 43  The club also issued a number of
extras. Condon's Treasury of Jazz , Ulanov's A History of Jazz in America,
Billie Hollidays Lady Sings the Blues,( which has in MHO the best first line
in any of my collection of books)  Jazz Masters of the 30's by Alex Stewart.
all of which I have. To my regret, as a lover of Studs Terkel's books, I do
not possess  Giants of Jazz. What number was it. I would be interested to
know. Anybody ?

Ivor Jones