[Dixielandjazz] "Revivalism"

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 30 11:18:24 PDT 2003

on 4/29/03 6:11 PM, Rob McCallum at rakmccallum at hotmail.com wrote:

> So we must
> first ask if 'progress'
> is still possible - and then we must ask if it is really necessary any
> longer."

    I realize that asking such questions is a necessary activity for
musicologists and other strange creatures of the musical deep, but I enjoy
being able just to play the music and to listen to the music, to shut down
whatever sounds especially nonsensical that day, and to admire whatever
appeals to me.

    I enjoy you, though, Rob.  I'm just being a curmudgeon for Beebe who has
learned to enjoy owls.  And peaceful small towns.

Charlie