[Dixielandjazz] Re: request for subscribe info

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 00:29:08 PDT 2003

In a message dated 4/26/2003 8:44:13 PM Central Standard Time, RAHBerry
writes:

> Yes, indeed, welcome back Jim Beebe,
> I was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing and then,
> whaddayaknow, a post from you!
> We missed you!
> Rae Ann

  Thank you, Rae ann.  To paraphrase, Mark Twain..." The reports of my demise
have been greatly exaggerated.

I missed all of you as well.  I have moved to La Crosse, Wis where I have
relatives and near Sparta, WIs, where I grew up. Leitholds music store is
still open in La Crosse.  This is where I acquired my first  jazz recordings
on 78s...back in the late 40s.  This was when recod stores had little booths
to try out records.  We would take in a dozen to try out and buy one.   What
great times those were, in retrospect.   I remember trying out some records
and in the next booth was a girl who looked like Jean Tierney...the movie
star.  And she is playing Louis's Hot Fives.  That just didn't happen in real
life.  I took the liberty of introducing myself and complimenting on her
exquisite taste.  That is as far as that went, though she thanked me.

Jim Beebe