[Dixielandjazz] Re: The Molly Ringwald's - names :)

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Fri Apr 25 17:30:31 PDT 2003

FOR SILLY PEOPLE ONLY   --   ALL OTHERS: DELETE!

"Grahame Parker" <parkerjaz at msn.com> wrote:
There's also a listmate in Hamilton Ontario ( you know who you are ) whose
daughter was in band a few years ago called the Dick Van Dykes.
Here in Phoenix there's a band named after a local TV weatherman,
the Royal Normans. Know of any other examples of this?

I don't know about that, but since weekends can be slow on DJML ,
I was just procrastinating at work, trying to imagine
what young OKOMers might name their bands today. Hmmm...
???

Three styles to choose from: "Nonsense," "Traditional Plural," & "Corporate"

First, there's the modern trend of "nonsense" names with a bizarre ring:
-- Satchmo Flamingo
-- Blackstick Mischief
-- Brood Indigo
-- Stardust Picasso
-- Lulu Mooch
-- Panama Potato Head
-- Barbeque Whoopee
-- Chattanooga Cherokee
or even
-- Wooden Nickel
(...Hey! What the...? Just checking if the World's Most Modest Man is awake)

Or the "plural" format (for traditionalists):
-- The Da Da Dukes
-- The Viper Madmen

Or the "corporate-sponsored" band:
-- Blue Verizon
(free pagers given away as door prizes)

WARNING: Please send any further suggestions off-list so as not to upset any
list mates who may not appreciate this irrelevant but creative art form