[Dixielandjazz] Easter Monday

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 22 21:21:07 PDT 2003

Dear friends,
Many, many thanks for all the kind DJML and private posts regarding my recent
birthday.
You are all so kind.
For the record, my actual birth date was 20th April 1931.
A day I shared, for part of his life, with Adolph Hitler.
Not a good thing in wartime Australia between 1939 and1945.
8>)
We were unable to celebrate on the actual day this year, as my little band has a
regular Sunday afternoon gig.
Therefore, the Bob Barnard band appearance, locally, on Easter Monday seemed a
most appropriate occasion, particularly since I have been a close friend of the
Barnard brothers since 1949.
Very kind regards,
Bill.
PS: It was Chris Taperell's birthday on 19 April and will Len Barnard's tomorrow
(23 April).