[Dixielandjazz] Discographical tools

G.Bielderman gerardbielderman at freeler.nl
Thu Apr 17 22:36:46 PDT 2003

The name Hans Koert is looking for is Sam Linschooten and his e-mail address
is: s.linschooten at chello.nl.
I can say that I have some experience with compiling discographies: I
published 137 items in my Eurojazz Discos Series and 11 in the Swingin'
Americans series. Most were compiled by me but of course I had a lot of help
from fellow discographers and the musicians themselves. One important rule
is: never believe blindly what is printed on LP covers or in CD booklets but
if possible check it for yourself, especially by listening! And don't
forget: a real jazz discography is much more than a simple listing of
records, it should include personnels, locations and exact recording dates
(not only the year) and also indispensable are indexes of musicians, records
and titles.
Gerard Bielderman, Leie 18, 8032 ZG Zwolle, Netherlands
publisher of EUROJAZZ DISCOS / SWINGIN' AMERICANS / SOUNDS OF NEW ORLEANS
Website: http://members.lycos.nl/gerardbiel