[Dixielandjazz] Bar Code

Dave Gravatt dave at creolejazz.com
Thu Apr 17 17:07:16 PDT 2003

   -------Original Message-------

Bob,

We recorded a CD about six months ago and the duplicating company had a deal: for $50 they'd add a bar code. It has allowed us to put a few CDs in stores like local Barnes & Noble and Borders where managers are more apt to agree to sell local band CDs if there's a bar code. (It simplifies the inventory/sale process for them.) We have sold a (very) few in those stores so, I suppose in the long run it's worth it. But if it had cost us much more than 50 bucks, I would have reconsidered. Hope this helps.

Is Gary Church still playing with you? If so, tell him hi, please. We miss him and is great playing.

Dave

Dave Gravatt
"It's a treat to beat your feet."
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band