[Dixielandjazz] Dancers In Love???

David Palmquist davidpalmquist at dccnet.com
Tue Apr 15 01:47:16 PDT 2003

Duke Ellington recorded Dancers in Love, also known as Stomp for Beginners
and as Naiveté, over 40 times, starting in April 1944.  You can hear a
short clip from his CD Piano Reflections from CDNow.com (now Amazon, I
guess) at this link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000005HFA/qid=1050391745/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/002-1145738-0060064

You may have to copy it into your browser window, because this doesn;t
appear to work as a hyperlink.  If you can't make it work, go to CDNow.com
and search for the album title.  It's track 5.

The tune is a pretty little number without a lot of substance.  I imagine
Ellington wrote it, but if so, it is very light compared to his usual
compositions.

David in Delta