[Dixielandjazz] Re: Definitions

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 9 14:23:05 PDT 2003

>Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:06:27 -0400
>From: Stephen Barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net>
>Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Definitions
>
>"GAZORNENPLAT!"  Has no meaning writes Bill G.
>
>However he also writes that a word means whatever is in the head of the
>user at the time. (so throw your dictionary away?)  Therefore as I see
>it, "GAZORNENPLAT!" means baloney. :-) VBG.
>
>Cheers,
>Steve
Au contraire, chalumeau-breath:
    The word 'gazornenplat' was first used by Bob Newheart in his routine about how an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters would in an infinite amount of time would reproduce all the world's great literature.  He said, "Oh, just a minute, i think one of the monkeys has something over here.  Yes, here it is now: 'To be, or not to be, that is the gazornenplat.'"

    Dan