[Dixielandjazz] Barbone Street CDs

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 21:57:30 PDT 2003

Just a quick note to say that all CD orders have been shipped as of
Friday, April 4, 2003 and checks were deposited. Hope you enjoy them.

Also, want to report 41 CDs sold at our 1 hour, Longwood Gardens concert
today. We had a full house audience of 466 people who paid $12 to enter
the Gardens and then, if they chose, see us free. Wildly cheered and
forced to play an encore. Even though we had subs on bass and guitar.
Both young "modern" jazzers who read their parts superbly for one chorus
and then had them in memory.

Bass player, a graduate of West Chester University music school,
composer, and a fine player who has gigged with the young modern jazzers
in clubs and venues all over the East Coast. He is also the recording
engineer who did our CD. Excellent jazz musician.

Guitarist an Afghani from Kabul, came here 25 years ago when his father,
a mathematics professor at the University in Kabul sensed trouble ahead
and in a surprise move, gathered up the family one day and emigrated to
Cincinnati where he became a mathematics professor at the University
there. Son went to Berklee College of music and studied classical, as
well as jazz guitar under a variety of wizards. Also studied jazz with
Pat Martino here in Philly. Excellent jazz musician

Just goes to show you that Jazz, as Elazar would say, is a Universal
language. It was an extraordinary concert, and as we announced,
Dixieland with a middle eastern accent.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. Have lost some information on radio stations that will play our CD.
Those who wrote me before about it, please write again.