[Dixielandjazz] Looking for an old western song

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 05:37:57 PST 2003

Hello listmates,

I'm looking for an old western song which some of you may recall from
yesteryear.

I don't know the name of it but I can cite some lyrics which may ring a
bell. I sort of know the melody which I'm humming right now. If you listen
closely you may hear it (maybe not).

Anyway, the words I recall are:

I wanna drink my coffee from an old tin can
While the moon is ridin' high.
Hear the song of the whipporwill out under the western sky
I wanna (something something something)
and (something something something)
Just to kick him in the side and to (something) my pony (something)
Out on the Texas (range, plains, something).

If that sounds familiar I like all the words, chords, author, music, etc.
etc. etc.

Hope I've provided enough information for someone.

Thanks in advance,

Bill "Just a cowboy at heart" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com