[Dixielandjazz] Lil Armstrong (remark about passport listingdivorce of Lil)

David Richoux tubaman@batnet.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:41:47 -0700

Jazzjerry@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 30/9/02 18:38:31, stridepiano@tesco.net writes:
>
> << Now tell us why Lincoln wore that silly hat.
>
>  >>

> John,
>
> I don't know that much about Lincoln but when I visited his grave in
> Springfield, Illinois I was astounded at the highly polished nose on his
> statue.

According to local tradition, (I was told) if you rub the nose on Lincoln's grave it
will bring good luck - this has extended now to include just about EVERY bronze
statue of Lincoln in Illinois! BTW, there are some more very interesting Lincoln
statues listed at: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/cheese/che7.html#watermelon

jazz content - what is the relationship between Abe Lincoln the trombone player and
Abe Lincoln the president? My question is alluded to but not answered at
http://www.riverwalk.org/profiles/lincoln_levin.htm with a fine story...

Dave Richoux