[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jelly Roll Morton - King Oliver

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:43:13 +1000

Dear Wim,
The information about Rudy Jackson using "Camp Meeting Meeting Blues" (= "Creole
Love Call") behind Sippie Wallace in one chorus in "Being Down Don't Worry Me "
August 20, 1925 was published in Laurie Wright's definitive bio-discography
"King Oliver" (Storyville Publications 1987).
I was about to quote this in my earlier post on the subject, but decided to
check it out.
I could not hear this at all at the time.
I have just had another (closer) listen.
Well???? It is 'sort of' there in one phrase.
The side is on a Sippie Wallace Document CD (DOCD 5399).
Kind regards,
Bill.