[Dixielandjazz] "Knee Drops"

George Thurmond gmthur@delrio.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:49:37 -0500

        This List is great - in the space of a couple of hours at the most
Meg Graf got the answer to a question she had reportedly been wondering
about and looking into for some time, and which several of us undoubtedly
pondered when we read her query.  My recommendation is that any question or
research on a jazz subject commence with inquiry here.  One will probably
get some good answers and leads and save himself/herself a good deal of
time, and perhaps even get an interesting thread started.  The authoritative
information at the fingertips of our listmates is amazing.

        BTW, the Knee Drop dance sounds like the antics of some of Rock
groups during their stage performances.  Another example of how there never
is much new or original in the arts.  Note:  I use the term "arts" in its
broadest sense.

Geo. Thurmond