[Dixielandjazz] well-treated

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:13:37 +0200

kash@ran.es writes:

<< At a party for the outgoing Embassador to Spain from the U.K., we
were
 fed down by the pool, while the guests ate on the upper lawn at the E's
 home.   >>

and, Pat answered:
Yeah, well, you would. he is my wifes cousin.

I may have told this story about this particular party here already, but
will repeat it (groooaan!):

The embassador was an avid dancer.  He danced every tune we played
during the whole evening, not even sitting down while we took a break,
as I played Ella + Louis tunes on the CD player for them.  It was
probably the hottest summer evening I've ever experienced in Madrid,
which would put it well over 100=BA.  As the embassador didn't remove =
his
dinner jacket, none of the male guests did, either.  And, they all tried
to be good guests by dancing, also.  There were some very dignified,
sweaty guests there that nite. =20

We were cool, in our vests, which is a plus to that particular costume
when discussing what a band should wear!   :>

Jim