[Dixielandjazz] Dr. Jazz

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:09:31 -0400

Mr. Wonderful wrote (polite snip)

"Back to "Dr Jazz."  I always thought it was a cute song written with a
commercial flair in mind tying in the new fangled telephones that were
being
introduced into people's homes i.e. "Hello Central, give me Dr. Jazz,"
with
"central" of course being the central switch board."

Of course, it is interesting that the caller is using a telephone to
ring up "Dr. Jazz" via the old live operator central switchboard system
Today of course, technology being what it is, the dealer has a cell
phone.

There is a reliable published source for Dr. Jazz as drug related double
entendre, but I am not going to lead you there. If you are interested,
you will find it.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone