[Dixielandjazz] HTML Blues -- Cured!

Don Robertson jdrobertson@att.net
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:25:12 -0700

For those who, like me, have complained about wading through Digest
files bloated with HTML characters, I have, it appears, stumbled onto
the cure.

Apparently all the problem with messages laced with control characters
and HTML instructions is only evident in the Digest mode.  I switched to
the real time mode as an experiment, and lo and behold the messages are
now coming through clean and readable albeit with different fonts
sometimes, but nothing but text.  So I can live with downloading many
messages a day if I don't have to scroll through pages of HTML code.

I also noticed the new DJML control site had an option of receiving the
Digest files in MIME, where I had chosen the plain text option.  I
really don't know what MIME is but perhaps it would have accepted the
HTML postings just as the real mode does.

So for those of you who have been crying "plain text".  Try the real
time mode.

Now back to lurking.

Don Robertson
Napa, CA