[Dixielandjazz] Re: The "PRESENTATION" of Jazz; Tubas Get No Rest

Dan Augustine ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:54:51 -0500

>Dan wrote:
>"That's analogous to what the tuba or bass players have to put up with; they
>didn't tell me what it would be like in the 5th grade when they told me i
>was going to play 'bass'".
>
>See the Chaplain and get your TS ticket punched.
>
>Paul (That's TUBA STORY, folks) Edgerton
    Yeah, i know.  But as Ambrose Bierce said, 'disobedience' is "The silver lining to the cloud of servitude."  So we tuba-players take a meagre comfort by intentionally playing the wrong notes behind saxophone solos.

    Dan