[Dixielandjazz] A Special Request

Steve Rafe steve-rafe@erols.com
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 06:51:58 -0400

Hi Henry --

I enjoyed singing a song with you guys a couple Sunday evenings ago!

I'm doing a Spotlight with Marty Fahey the first Monday in October. I can't
ask Marty to pay musicians out of his own pocket and I have nothing to
offer. My wife left me August 11 with mind-boggling debts -- mortgage,
phones, electricity, car payments, etc., etc.

I'm doing selections from "When Harry Met Sally" as my program. (It Had to
Be You, Where or When, Let's Call the Whole Thing Off, Our Live Is Here to
Stay. Etc.)

Marty will be on keyboard and we have a trumpet player coming in to help
out. Mark Richards has volunteered his talents on drums. Could I ask you for
your help and support with harmonicas? Much of the music lends itself
perfectly to the instrument.

In addition, I would like to ask Jim Houck to provide bass accompaniament if
he can help out. (I've been trying to assist him with some publicity and
marketing details for your jazz group.)

Please let me know so that I can get copies of the music to you. (I know my
keys, but the music's in the original keys.

I am dedicating the program to the memory of my son who died on October 26
two years ago at the age of 23.

Thanks for considering this request.

Steve