[Dixielandjazz] New newsletter and CD plug

Jazzjerry@aol.com Jazzjerry@aol.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:29:59 EDT

Hi All,

1) Just a quick note to let you know that my August / September newsletter i=
s=20
now ready and anyone would like a .pdf copy has only to ask and I will send=20
the full 44 pages of my typing for their further elnlightenment.

2) Not listed in the Newsletter beause it only came in this morning is an=20
excellent 4xCD set on the British Jasmine label. Sometime ago there was the=20
latest edition of the DJML regular discussion on jazz and the various=20
categories that comprise 'Dixieland' 'Classic' and so on. Well this CD=20
contains 96 examples of our kind of music from 1826 to 1950 by an array of 2=
7=20
different bands from Jelly Roll Morton's Red Hot Peppers to Turk Murphy's JB=
=20
by way of the bands of Bunk Johnson, Muggsy Spannier, Jimmie Noone, Wild Bil=
l=20
Davison, Miff Mole and plenty of others. The sound quality is excellent and=20
the running time is over five hours and full notes are included.

This bargain set is only =A317.95 to those of you weho have to pay ther Brit=
ish=20
VAT and =A315.28 for thgose who can avoid it by living in foreign parts.

If you would like further details of this set please drop me a message.

Cheers,
Jerry,
Norwich,
U.K.