[Dixielandjazz] This is nutz

Jazzjerry@aol.com Jazzjerry@aol.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:20:08 EDT

In a message dated 16/9/02 15:54:14, charliehooks@earthlink.net writes:

<< Question: if, ten years later, someone sends the bandleader an anonymous
e-mail remarking on this incident but not mentioning names, should the
bandleader be shocked and scandalized to the extent of scouring records to
identify you as the miscreant? >>

I'm not a band leader, or even a musician, but as you know was a police
officer for 30 years and the reaction to such an incident by my friends,
colleagues, and senior officers was likely to have been in the following
manner:-

"You lucky b-----d".
"I remember her, the Chicago bicycle. Did the penicillan take long to work."
and similar frivilous remarks.

Incidently in this country the employment laws are such that there is a
pretty good chance that Bob Greene would be able to make a small fortune by
suing the paper for unlawful dismissal.

Cheers,

Jerry