[Dixielandjazz] unwritten rules new scenario

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald@calweb.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:41:05 -0700

     Al Levey wrote:

Big Band (Joe Battaglia and the New York Big Band)
New York's "Supper Club"

Joe made a place for me as solo pianist between band sets. I wrote plenty of
charts for Joe and
attended rehearsals. He had a regular pianist and I subbed at rehearsals and
gigs when the regular
couldn't make it.

I created and published a cd (all midis)

What is "all midis"?

> entitled LFO POPS.

> I asked Joe if he would mind my placing a small display in the hat check
room and letting
the attendant sell them. He said - no problem. Manager of the club said no
problem but he would like a copy
for himself
.
Placard info mentioned my name as a member of the band. The band name and
Joe's name were in largest type.

I was fired by Joe.
Whatcha' think?

IMHO:  Hearing your side of the story, doesn't make sense for him to fire
you.  But there are 3 sides to every story i.e. your side, Joe's side & the
real side.

Must have been something else involved.  Perhaps you got caught fooling
around with Joe's wife?

Bob
mr.wonderful@ringwald.com
Placerville, CA USA Earth