[Dixielandjazz] rare instrument in jazz

drjz drjz@bealenet.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:06:27 -0400

--------------597E17A927AB6B0F98E47FB5

The IAJRC Journal, Volume 19, No.2, April 1986, has a long article entitled
"Odd Instruments In Jazz" by Frank H. Trolle, listing some 70 of these weird
things, with a picture of "SNUB MOSLEY playing the slide saxophone". If it
is still in print, a copy may be obtained from
Richard Lagerman, 1300 Clover Lane, Feasterville, PA 19053, USA, for $9.00,
surface mail, postpaid.
Illinois Jacquet plays the bassoon on Prestige Stereo 7597. I remember
chatting with him when he was playing in a New York club, and asking him if
he had his bassoon with him . His reply was " When I'm on that damned stand
, the ceiling's too low for me to play it!". Cheers.
Fred

lUIS dANIEL Flores wrote:

> I wonder how many ``rare``instrument or not common instrument there were
> used un jazz, like the Sarrusophone
> May be a good thread in this mailing list
>
> ---

--------------597E17A927AB6B0F98E47FB5

article entitled "Odd Instruments In Jazz" by Frank H. Trolle, listing
some 70 of these weird things, with a picture of "SNUB MOSLEY playing the
slide saxophone". If it is still in print, a copy may be obtained from
$9.00, surface mail, postpaid.
chatting with him when he was playing in a New York club, and asking him
if he had his bassoon with him . His reply was " When I'm on that damned
stand , the ceiling's too low for me to play it!". Cheers.
instrument there were

--------------597E17A927AB6B0F98E47FB5--