[Dixielandjazz] Re: Turk's Horn?

Dottie Lawless 1lawless@gte.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:37:51 +0000

Turk's mouthpieces were special made hand-bored, and very heavy.  I remember
many years ago he asked me to hand deliver one of them to a friend in Florida,
so that he could have it copied.  I also remember when Jim Cullum put together
the Carnegie Hall concerts, he asked me to find out what kind of trombone Turk
used -- it was a Conn Soft Bell.  Hope this answers some of the questions.

Dottie Lawless, SF