[Dixielandjazz] AMEN

Tito Martino tmartino@terra.com.br
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 05:39:56 -0300

"Henry B. Stinson" wrote:
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] [Fwd: Devotional]

This is intended as a non-denominational call for=20
faith and peaceful thoughts today.  Please look past
the religious aspects of this if it does not seem to
be of your religion or spiritual beliefs.  By keeping fear
down, faith high, and keeping hateful or violent thoughts=20
of revenge or attack from our minds, we allow the Divine
Spirit to work through us to help accomplish Divine Will
on earth.

Great acts of faith are seldom born out of calm calculation.
      It wasn't logic that caused Moses to raise his staff on the bank
 of the Red Sea.
      It wasn't medical research that convinced Naaman to dip seven
 times in the river.
      It wasn't common sense that caused Paul to abandon the Law and
 embrace grace.
      And it wasn't a confident committee that prayed in a small room in
 Jerusalem for Peter's release from prison.  It was a fearful,
desperate,
 band of backed-into-a-corner believers.  It was a church with no
 options.  A congregation of have-nots pleading for help.
 (About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing songs to God as
  the other prisoners listened.  Acts 16:25)
  And never were they stronger.

  At the beginning of every act of faith, there is often a seed of fear.
=20
 Have an awesome week!!!!
=20
> Excellence depends not on what we do, but on how well we do it.

AMEN

Tito Martino
Cl, ssax, asax,
Tito Martino Jazz Band