[Dixielandjazz] Helm Memorial?

Dottie Lawless 1lawless@gte.net
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:03:29 +0000

There has been no Memorial as yet for Bob Helm.  Burial was private.  So far
the only one I know about is with the New Orleans Jazz Club of Northern
California, at our regular monthly club gig.  Leon Oakley & His Friends Of
Jazz will be dedicating their entire program to Bob.  That is November 17th.
In all probability the club session will extendthe usual hours to allow for
Bob's friends to pay tribute musically.  If anything else comes up, I will
immediately post it.  Thanks for all the inquiries.

Dottie Lawless, SF