[Dixielandjazz] This is just a note

Schnabbels@aol.com Schnabbels@aol.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 22:35:19 EDT

--part1_18d.da462c6.2aaabfe7_boundary

Hi Robert,

So you asked if it were appropriate to introduce one's self to DJML. I'll
tell you that you got it exactly right. Your initial post could serve as a
model for any new subscriber to DJML!

Indeed, everyone on the list is 'friendly" as you put. But just wait when $%^&
 hits the fan. The beauty of DJML however is that it is self-correcting:
whenever things get out of hand within a particular thread, it usually meets
a merciful early death.

You will also discover that, even if you misspell "copacetic", you will not
be punished severely. However, in the interest of clear communication, the
language police will deploy from time to time. The squad leader is a
washboard player from California, who, for reasons unknown, has been given
the privilege to bring the uniquely American art form called Jazz to the Bude
and Edinbourgh Festivals. I'll admit, that I respect his sanitizing function.
Not being a native Anglophone myself, I usually bring up the rear as far as
non-English is concerned. The point is that whenever we venture outside the
American/English idiom of OKOM, certain things need correcting. We're blessed
to have members in Holland, Belgium, France, Spain, Israel, Argentina,
Brazil, Sweden and, who knows, lurkers in other countries, whom I would
encourage to make themselves known.

Regards,

Robert "Why don't the rivers ever freeze around here so I can skate" van der
Plas
Scottsdale, AZ

Anyway, welcome to the list. And if you don't watch out you may even learn
something.

Robert

--part1_18d.da462c6.2aaabfe7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Hi Robert,<BR>
<BR>
So you asked if it were appropriate to introduce one's self to DJML. I'll tell you that you got it exactly right. Your initial post could serve as a model for any new subscriber to DJML!<BR>
<BR>
Indeed, everyone on the list is 'friendly" as you put. But just wait when $%^&amp; hits the fan. The beauty of DJML however is that it is self-correcting: whenever things get out of hand within a particular thread, it usually meets a merciful early death.<BR>
<BR>
You will also discover that, even if you misspell "copacetic", you will not be punished severely. However, in the interest of clear communication, the language police will deploy from time to time. The squad leader is a washboard player from California, who, for reasons unknown, has been given the privilege to bring the uniquely American art form called Jazz to the Bude and Edinbourgh Festivals. I'll admit, that I respect his sanitizing function. Not being a native Anglophone myself, I usually bring up the rear as far as non-English is concerned. The point is that whenever we venture outside the American/English idiom of OKOM, certain things need correcting. We're blessed to have members in Holland, Belgium, France, Spain, Israel, Argentina, Brazil, Sweden and, who knows, lurkers in other countries, whom I would encourage to make themselves known.<BR>
<BR>
Regards,<BR>
<BR>
Robert "Why don't the rivers ever freeze around here so I can skate" van der Plas<BR>
Scottsdale, AZ<BR>
<BR>
Anyway, welcome to the list. And if you don't watch out you may even learn something.<BR>
<BR>
Robert</FONT></HTML>

--part1_18d.da462c6.2aaabfe7_boundary--