[Dixielandjazz] Scratches

John Farrell stridepiano@tesco.net
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 18:19:11 +0100

I could be in a spot of trouble here. I live almost smack in the middle of
England and have just accepted a high-paying gig for this weekend in a
holiday camp way over on the east coast (hi de hi, campers - smile, eat the
ghastly food with relish, join in the silly games,
pretend to be having fun or you all go to the gas chamber !!).

Here comes the problem. the bandleader has asked me to wear black pants,
black shoes and white short-sleeved shirt. All this week I have been pruning
my rambler roses which have grown almost 20 feet tall, resulting in deep
scratches on my arms which look suspiciously like a junkie's needle track
marks. I know the guys in the band quite well, they are a cynical lot and if
I told them the truth their response would almost certainly be, "That's an
origina one".

My good reputation is important to me - what do I do?

How I hate band uniforms.

John Farrell
stridepiano@tesco.net