[Dixielandjazz] Bob Helm

Bob Shoring bobshoring@california.com
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:22:41 -0700

To say that "Bob Helm will be missed" would be an understatement.  He
was the last survivor of the original LU Watters Yerba Buena Jazz Band,
but a lot more than that to all of us.

I feel Fortunate to have met him on more than one occasion and to have
enjoyed numerous live performances of his playing and singing, as well
as his compositions and arrangements.  He played with bands up and down
the west coast and New Orleans, as well.  A few years back I saw him
perform with a group of very young men, the Bo Grumpus Ragtime band, and
he was thoroughly enjoying playing with guys more than 50 years younger
than he, and they were equally thrilled to have him join them.

Thank You Bob !!!!!  We'll treasure the memories and the recordings.

--
Regards, Bob Shoring.............San Francisco, California, USA
bobshoring@california.com