[Dixielandjazz] Wild Bill/Brunis recordings by JAZZOLOGY

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:50:01 -0600

Thanks  Bill H, Jim, Stan, Burt, Rebecca and Carol for your help. :)

If not for a cold keeping me home from work, I'd have missed a phone call
from George Buck in response to my inquiry about Wild Bill and Brunies
recordings. While Jazzology has numerous recordings of Will Bill Davison,
our listmate Bill Haesler is correct in saying that most of them do NOT
include George Brunies. However, a few of them do. I asked Mr. Buck to tell
me which is his absolute favorite; without a doubt, he said:

JCD-103 of Wild Bill and his all-star jam

This was recorded one month prior to the famous Commodore recordings that
many of you know about. George says this CD is great for the collector and
true aficionado because it includes "alternate takes" and "false starts."
I'm sure my dad will love it!

Other Jazzology CDs with Davison/Brunies still available:

"This is Jazz" volumes 3 and 4 (double CD sets)
JCD-1031/1032  and  JCD-1033/1034

"World's Greatest Jazz Concert, vol. 1"
JCD-301

Jim Beebe: George was happy to get a "hello" from you; he returns the
greeting and hopes you're doing well.

Love and hugs,
Nancy

BTW: How old is George Buck? He talks a mile a minute!