[Dixielandjazz] Re: Wild Bill and George Brunis recordings

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:51:59 +1100

Dear Nancy,
The answer re Wild Bill/Brunies has been answered by Burt.
However, try
   worldsrecords.com
Choose 'label' and type in Commodore. You will find CMD-405 ($12.00) 'Wild Bill
Davison. The Commodore Master Takes'.
All the stuff your dad needs.
Unfortunately, most (if not all) of the George Buck and Arbors CDs featuring
Wild Bill do not include Brunies.

Re your 'striking out' story:
Years ago a friend of mine, on business in the US, wanted to put a call through
to Central America.
The 'voice' on the end of the phone asked him to be more precise.
"Do want Omaha, or somewhere near there?"
8>)

Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: For Nancy. (for the uninvolved - Delete now)
It will be interesting to see if you get your personal copy of this email.
I had to reset my address back to the original, as the DJML server would not
recognise the amended one (without 'nsw').