[Dixielandjazz] CD Royalties?....forget about them.

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:17:55 EST

--part1_63.1443ff9d.2af0a963_boundary

In a message dated 10/29/02 2:31:37 PM Central Standard Time,
dixielandjazz@myexcel.com writes:

> So, my questions are: 1) Do we need to pay? 2) Did you pay the royalties on
> the last CD your band recorded (if you have a band)? 3) Is my duplicator
> guy
> just duping me instead? 4) What's your take on all this?
>
> I've been involved in several CD projects in the past and, with regards to
> paying publishers royalities or licenses, it's always been "no problem, the
> songs are too old to worry about, etc. etc...."
>
> So, what do you think? Thanks, gang!
>
> Dave

   Dave:  Forget about royalties and license fees.  Only the big labels
bother with that s...   Cancel those license fees if you can.  This is all a
songwriters scam but not really their scam as those songs were sold off long
ago to lawyers who still scam fees and royalties out of them.

   I assure you that none of us who have recordings out and are on a lot of
recordings ever paid any royalties or fees.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_63.1443ff9d.2af0a963_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/29/02 2:31:37 PM Central Standard Time, dixielandjazz@myexcel.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">So, my questions are: 1) Do we need to pay? 2) Did you pay the royalties on<BR>
the last CD your band recorded (if you have a band)? 3) Is my duplicator guy<BR>
just duping me instead? 4) What's your take on all this?<BR>
<BR>
I've been involved in several CD projects in the past and, with regards to<BR>
paying publishers royalities or licenses, it's always been "no problem, the<BR>
songs are too old to worry about, etc. etc...." <BR>
<BR>
So, what do you think? Thanks, gang!<BR>
<BR>
Dave</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Dave:&nbsp; Forget about royalties and license fees.&nbsp; Only the big labels bother with that s...&nbsp;&nbsp; Cancel those license fees if you can.&nbsp; This is all a songwriters scam but not really their scam as those songs were sold off long ago to lawyers who still scam fees and royalties out of them.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; I assure you that none of us who have recordings out and are on a lot of recordings ever paid any royalties or fees. <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_63.1443ff9d.2af0a963_boundary--