[Dixielandjazz] The National Anthem

CreightB@aol.com CreightB@aol.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:36:02 EDT

--part1_1a1.a8e3c97.2ae99792_boundary

Very interesting comments have shown up in my Digest.  It seems to me, having
worn the uniform of my country for some 30 years, that the National Anthem is
not pop, jazz, classical, new wave, world, OKOM, or any other "class" of
music currently in vogue.  Charlie Hull put it nicely, but in my view it
should only be played and sung "straight."  I 'm surprised Jazz Jerry has not
pooh-poohed this discussion as he did Taps.  And I have the Freedom to
express my opinions as well.

Creight Bricker, lurker

--part1_1a1.a8e3c97.2ae99792_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Bookman Old Style" LANG="0">Very interesting comments have shown up in my Digest.&nbsp; It seems to me, having worn the uniform of my country for some 30 years, that the National Anthem is not pop, jazz, classical, new wave, world, OKOM, or any other "class" of music currently in vogue.&nbsp; Charlie Hull put it nicely, but in my view it should only be played and sung "straight."&nbsp; I 'm surprised Jazz Jerry has not pooh-poohed this discussion as he did Taps.&nbsp; And I have the Freedom to express my opinions as well.<BR>
<BR>
Creight Bricker, lurker</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1a1.a8e3c97.2ae99792_boundary--